Wednesday 22 February 2012

It's my party I can buy if I want to...Part 1



Well hello there!


How have you been? Oh me? I'm great. Yeah, I know, it's been ages since I’ve been here, but I've got HEAPS to tell you.


My birthday was on Monday a few weeks ago and pretty much the whole weekend was a bit of a purchase party. I got lots of goodies, let me show you…


Saturday
I have been lusting for an overlocker for AGES. I don’t know why. I’ve really only started sewing more. Aaanyway, I saw that Janome were selling a discontinued overlocker model for half price, HALF PRICE!
I thought, “Heck! I better jump on that ASAP!”
I did a bit of research and found it would be a good place to start for a beginner. I figured it was kinda fate as well, you know great sale around the same time as my birthday.


So on Saturday I dragged my sister down to the Janome shop and bought me an overlocker. Woohoo! I present to you my Janome 8002DX...
Say hello to my little friend-Janome 8002DX

This puppy came with 4 additional accessories too - gathering attachment, elastic attachment, blind stitch foot and cording foot - what a bargain!


Heady with retail euphoria I also bought a couple of sewing feet for my regular sewing machine-Janome MS5027LE. I was there already anyway :)
I got a gathering foot and a binder foot.
Binder Foot & Gathering foot for my Janome MS5027LE

Some of you would have seen my post about my binder foot lust on my Tumblr a while back, the gathering foot was pure impulse – naughty I know. I also wanted to buy a ruffler foot as well (a long time lust item) but they didn’t have any in stock. Wah! :’(


My sis had a ruffler foot she isn't using much so she offered for me to take it instead of buying one. I took it home and tried it out on my machine. It all was looking so promising, but the needle didn't line up with the hole. Bahumbug!


After buying my goodies from the Janome shop my sis and I scooted over to the nearest Spotlight (which is less than 1 k from the Janome shop - Dangerous combo!).
I had a little list of things that I wanted to buy, I didn't get most of the things on my list, but I'm kinda glad after having made such a big purchase not a couple of hours previously.


I bought a couple of invisible zippers, Simplicity 3688, navy blue with white spots cotton drill and some greyish blackish spotty, meshy printed cotton. I bought Simplicity 3688, a reprint of a 1940's American Sewing Guild pattern, mainly for the pants, I've been hearing good things around the blogasphere about these pants, so I'd like to give them a go when I get my sewing skillz up.

My Spotlight loot

Well I think that's enough of my Birthday shopping show and tell. To be continued...

Buy something you've been lusting for ages ;-p.
Vxo

2 comments:

  1. Do yo still have the ruffler foot that didn't work? What brand is it? I was thinking if it's a Brother I can buy it off you (or trade you for it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!
      I don't have the dodgy ruffler foot anymore. I gave it back to my sis. It was some totally random no brand el cheapo foot anywho.
      Thanks for stopping buy again :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.