Tuesday 16 October 2012

::Show & Tell::Book Nook:: New Sewing Books

I'm not usually the type to shriek with excitement about getting a purchase in the mail; but when I received a couple of books I'd ordered online in the mail I did. :)

I had downloaded the Kindle Sample of The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting earlier this year and I decided that it would be a really great resource. I didn't want to order it there and then because I often find I buy things on a whim and never use them. So my trick is to put off buying something and if I keep thinking about it I must really want it. :)


After reading the reviews on the blogasphere about  Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing I had to have it! I thought I may as well buy it and The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting at the same time seeing as the it was still on my mind.


I ordered them from Book Depository on  September 8th and they arrived at my office on the September 15th. Pretty good shipping time frame if you ask me; especially seeing as shipping is free. I would usually wait until I got home to open the packages, But I was so excited I ripped them open there and then.

I've had the books for a month now (wow time flies!). I've only just finished Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing so I'll post shortly on my thoughts on the book. I'm still making my way through The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting and I'm finding it really interesting and I think it will be really helpful in future too.

If you want to have a look at what I'm reading I can be found here on Goodreads. I've found Goodreads to be a really great way of tracking what I've read and what I want to read.

How do you keep track of your books?

Until next time, hope you are a reading a great book at the moment,
Vanessa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.