Friday 1 February 2013

::Knitting:: FO Pink/Grey Purse Stitch Cowl

Crafty Monogamy has paid off. I finished my latest knitting project (mentioned here too) on the weekend. I had some me time last Sunday so I finished it off.  I didn't weave in the ends straight away, but the state of Queensland was having terrible rain storms on the weekend and we lost power on Sunday evening. So to keep myself occupied I wove the ends in by candlelight.


Pink/Grey Purse Stitch Scarf

As I mentioned here, I've had this yarn for years and have been meaning to make something for my sister out of it. I was going to make a scarf, but I only had one ball of yarn and it was a little short. I used a three needle bind-off to join the ends. The join isn't as pretty was I would like, but I'm glad it's done. The join can be hidden by wearing at the back or covering it with the overlap if wearing around the neck doubled over.

Pink/Grey Purse Stitch Scarf

I really like the pink/grey colour combo. When we bought the wool we didn't see the white as it was tucked inside, but I don't mind it. The purse stitch gives the cowl a lovely stretchy airy quality.

Funnily enough I read this post from Kestrel Finds and Makes the day after I finished my cowl. Yep. I'm pretty proud of my skillz! And I finished this project in under a month!

Ravelled here.

Until next time, I hope you're crossing projects off your to make list,
Vanessa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.