Wednesday 1 January 2014

::Ponderings:: 2014 the year of...

...progress not perfection.

In the middle of 2013 I was in a personal development session when I heard the phrase 'paralysis by analysis'. I had never heard this phrase before and it struck a chord with me.

It resonated with me because that is exactly what I do. I over analyse things and don't get my hands dirty until I've over-thought things, by which time my enthusiasm is gone.

I'm a perfectionist and have this mindset of  'it had to be perfect otherwise don't do it'.

Recently I was watching a Craftsy class (How to Teach It) when the instructor, Gwen Bortner, said the phrase "progress not perfection". This struck me too. This is exactly what I should be doing.

This ties in with something else I came across recently. While watching this TED talk I the following phrase came up:
“To be is to do”—Socrates.

There are a few things bouncing around in my head that I want to do but am too..... scared of failure to do them. I think some of that comes from comparing myself to others too much.

My personal motto for 2014 is going to be...

Get it! Get it! See what I did there? :-)

Have you had something resonate with you recently? 
Do you have a motto for 2014?

Until next time,
V xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.